- 10+2 Science with minimum 65% (PCM) or
- B.sc. > 60% in the final year, in Physics, Maths, Chemistry or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the year (10+2 PCM > 60%)
- English > 60% Marks either in 10th or 12th Std
Age & Fitness
- Age: Between 17 to 25 years
- Medicals: Medically fit as per DG Shipping Norms
- Eyesight: 6/6 with normal color vision
Appear for the Online Entrance Test
Undergo Panel Interview for Selection
Complete Medicals and Eye sight Test
Qualify IMU-CET to become a sponsored candidate
One year pre-sea training at any Academy
Onboard training as a deck cadet for 18 months.
Attend 4 months college, qualify for second officer exam, acquire Bsc. (ANS) degree and sail as the third officer.